Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award!!!!! Part 2.

©
Well I'm back! As promised, I'm going to complete the Versatile Blogger tasks set (not that it's a chore, it's actually a total pleasure!).

I'm just going to put the cool picture in there again!

So- 15 newly discovered blogs:
1. Lavender Attic (thanks once again Sally for nominating me!)
2. bakingaitch
3. Lay the Table
4. Sticky Pinny
5. Exploits of a Food Nut
6. Breadsticklers
7. Cafe Nouveau
8. bakelady/Secret Tea Room
9. Everything Goes With Toast
10. Teaandcake.co.uk
11. Okay Alison
12. Eviesgran
13. Sara Danesin Medio
14. Crab Apple Tree
15.Dinner at the Manor

These are the blogs I check in with regularly- and I've met or tweeted with all of these lovely people. So much talent in the food blogosphere...!

Now for seven things you maybe didn't know about me...

1. Medicine runs in the family- my brother's a medical student and budding pathologist, my dad's a GP, one of my maternal cousins is a radiologist, one of my paternal cousins is an endocrinologist, one of my aunts is an obstetrician and gynaecologist, and one of my uncles is an orthopaedic surgeon!
2. I'm not a native Leodensian- I was born on the outskirts of Birmingham and raised in the much-misunderstood Milton Keynes. I've lived in Leeds for 3 and a half wonderful years.
3. When I was a teenager, my mother, ever the entrepreneur, got bored with being a doctor's wife and set up a business selling ethnic groceries, tailoring her business to food-lovers experimenting with Indian, Chinese, Thai and Japanese flavours for the first time. She also ran an events catering business. I used to work for her and she taught me about herbs and spices, and how to cook for myself and others. To this day I am thankful to her for my better-than-average palate. My mother has a rather short attention span however, and got bored of those businesses. Now she is proprietor of a small hotel and runs a property-management business, but is getting a bit bored of that too.
4. At school my favourite subject wasn't actually anything science-related. It was Latin, and I still have a very old copy of Catullus poems that is one of my most cherished possessions.
5. I love Italy, and if I get to retire at a decent age with a decent pension (currently a big bone of contention for me and 80% of the doctors in the country) I intend to retire in Rome.
6. I love bread. Even the cheap white sliced nasty stuff, although I only buy that in preparation for hangover bacon sandwiches, which isn't all that often now that I value sleep more than partying.
7. The last time I had a year without exams, tests, assessments or projects was 1988. That's a boring one to end on. Let's try this instead: I'm terrified of falling over, and of some heights. I'm fine on aeroplanes and even rollercoasters, but hate going on escalators and glass lifts,standing on chairs and looking over open balconies. I will do these things but they cause me palpitations.

So that's me done!

xxx

3 comments:

lavender attic said...

Brilliant and very detailed Jini, what an interesting lady your Mum sounds like too! I would love to run a little B&B. Near the sea - dreams, dreams! Hope all well with you and hope to catch up at CCC Leeds soon x

Jo Myers said...

Goodness - you do pack a lot into a morning! I love your enthusiasm and colourful description, and cheers for the mention. We always love to see you at The Pig (although I may get told off for talking to you too much!). Great blog.

munchymedic said...

Thanks Jo! Sorry I distract you though! See you very soon! xxx